Saturday, January 22, 2011

Saturday Sketch Challenge 187

Hello!
I couldn't sleep last night so I thought I would complete the sketch Challenge from: http://stamping411.blogspot.com/
This time I chose to use a stamp set that had no flowers in it. I am a farm girl and I love this Stamping Up stamp set....Farm Life.
I used Soft Suede, Cherry Cobbler, Whisper White and Basic Grey SU paper. I colored the image in with a blender pen and used a white gel pen on the clouds after sponging the sky. The button is tied on with linnen thread.
Thanks for stopping by to take a look at todays card! Have a great weekend :)

9 comments:

  1. I have yet to try the thread and the button. I always am drawn to it but never think to do it. Very apropos with the barn feel of this card Jackie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous watercolor! this is so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous coloring, and I love the linen thread/button treatment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty...the linen thread adds just the right something "extra"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The linen thread finishes this card off perfectly. Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jackie -- I just love what you did with the sketch this week. The Hemp Twine really adds to the rustic nature of the image. Great job! Thanks for playing along this week at Stamping 411! Blessings, Gretchen

    ReplyDelete